Onboarding new starters
The following checklist is to be used as a reminder of the admin tasks needed to onboard a new member to the DevOps team.
- Add to DevOps lookup group
- Add to email@example.com mailing list
- Add to GitLab group (GitLab)
- Add to GitHub organisation (GitHub)
- Add to Google Shared drive
- Add to DevOps calendar
- Add as a viewer or admin as appropriate for Google Cloud resources
- Invite to 1password and add to appropriate team.
- Add to UIS Team on MS Teams.
- Open a Merge Request in the team-data project on GitLab adding them as a DevOps team admin/viewer as appropriate.
- Re-encrypt ansible vault passwords, see setting up GPG to decrypt secrets for guidance
- Add public SSH key to ansible add-devops-users role
- Get new member to visit https://lists.cam.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/uis-staff and https://lists.cam.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/uis-individual-staff so that they can request membership. Follow up with email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining who new hire is.
- If new member desires, get them to visit https://lists.cam.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/uis-social and sign themselves up to the social list. No approval is required for this.